Monday, March 31, 2014

Everything's Heavy Underground: Part 2

I can't figure out how to add images into a reply, so I'll be making a new entry anytime I have a picture.

Playing with a few different ways to show what's underneath the floor, using "walls" that would just extend below the floor instead of above it. I'm calling them underwalls here.

1. Underwall has same setup as walls: solid piece with jagged/shaped edge to suggest material.

2. Underwall fades to transparent, same as those front walls right above them.

3. Underwall doesn't "fade" per se, but is illustrated to show it breaking away/disintegrating in whatever way makes sense for a particular environment.

We could always have some combination of the above as well. And employ or not employ swirly fogs and whatnot.

1 comment:

  1. All of these seem more finished than what we currently have, I like that. One thing I'm having trouble with is whether/if we want to show a backdrop beneath, and what that wants to look like? does it look like a far-away scape, or is it a foggy chasm, etc..

    Actually I suppose all of your mockups call for covering that up with set pieces that come up, as much as possible, so then a darkish, foggish thing would be fine because it would only be visible if you look between the cracks? Do I have that right?

    ReplyDelete